We use our sex toys in the most intimate of places and we want to ensure that they stay safe and clean. No matter whether your toy of choice is a dildo or vibrator, ALL your sex toys MUST be cleaned thoroughly to avoid spreading bacteria and infections.
Here are Tickle and Delight’s top tips for keeping your sex toys clean:
- Always clean your sex toys directly before and directly after use.
- Not all toys are created equal and for those that aren’t fully waterproof, cleaning with water can be an issue. We recommend that you always use an anti-bacterial toy cleaner to protect both yourself and your sex toys. We suggest Lelo’s anti-bacterial cleaning spray for only $9.99. We recommend you apply the anti-bacterial toy cleaner to the surface of your toy and allow it to air dry before and after use. All our hygiene products can be found here.
- In order to prevent bacteria forming on the surface of your sex toys after you’ve thoroughly cleaned them, we recommend that you store your sex toys in a safe sealable, lint free bag and keeping them in a safe place in between uses. It’s always a good idea to store your toys out of direct sunlight and always remove the batteries from battery operated toys when not in use.
- Never transfer your sex toys from anus to vaginal or penis area without being thoroughly cleaned. STIs are is easily spread by bodily fluids and sharing between intimate areas can lead to infection.
- Sharing isn’t always caring. If you have changed sexual partners it is also a good idea to change sex toys. Some sex toys such as glass dildos can be shared once sterilized. Some sex toys (mainly jelly toys) are porous and can be difficult to thoroughly clean. If you must share a porous toy then always use a condom with these toys. Having said that, here at Tickle and Delight, we have so many fabulous toys to choose from you’re bound to find a new friend to tickle your fancy so there is really no need to share between partners. Shop our full collection of Sex toys here. Some sex toys such as glass dildos can be shared once sterilized.
- Always follow the manufacturers instructions for your specific toy.
If you liked this post or have learned something whilst reading it that you think someone else might benefit from, please help by sharing it via one of our share buttons below … We’d be extremely grateful